Friday, May 04, 2007

Dynamic Ducks! Dynamically! (Functionally too!)

So - with all this talk about the DLR and dynamic languages becoming first class citizens in the .NET Framework, I'm going to make a commitment. Here. Where about 10 people read.

I'm going to really learn a functional, dynamic programming language. I'm going to really understand lambda's. I'm going to figure out why those Ruby, Smalltalk, Python, and Haskell guys all start frothing at the mouth. I may even figure out this JavaScript thing.

I did get a B.S. in Mathematics - so I'm not too worried. Being a math guy and hearing about these functional languages intrigues me. Plus, with C# 3.0 coming out soon, I might even be able to apply this skill to my day job.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but I'm going to do something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear functional programming is addictive, but there are no support groups.

I've been meaning to send you this - someone did some interesting work with duck typing in .NET. It uses a lot of reflection magic.

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/library/nduck.asp