Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Dog Ate My Blood Sugar Meter

The title just about sums it up. Zach has heard all of my "my dog ate..." stories by now, but this one was just too good.

There's a big crack in the LCD cover. The LCD isn't actually cracked, but it's still hard to read anything.

Since I now have insurance, I figured that I'd check the website to see what the copay would be on a new meter. I had to sign up first though.

It asked for a username, with the following verbage:

Please enter your desired username. Must be between 5-50 characters

I enter my standard username, fill everything out, and am then greeted with the following error message:
Your username must contain both letters and numbers.

Oh, really? Would it be that difficult to put that statement above the username entry field? Or, even better, not require numbers in the username? Is that really necessary?

Did they even set a real user down to run through the sign-up process before it went to production?

No comments: