Saturday, June 30, 2007

Please sir, may I have another?

Between my wife and I, we own a PlayStation 2, Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, and a Nintendo 64 and NES in storage.

We've also gotten into board games recently, and we own Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Louis XIV, and Risk Godstorm and Risk Star Wars (Original Trilogy, of course. Thanks Zach!). We like games.

We also have had a launch Xbox 360. It finally decided to flash the dreaded Red Ring of Death 2 weeks ago, so I called to get it replaced.

I recieved the "new" one yesterday, and was very excited to try out Carcassonne (our first Euro-board game experience, shared with The Imes).

Instead, I'm treated to the console freezing. Constantly. Any notification will freeze the system within a second or two, forever letting me know that PoofyLake or BooleanFlag is now online. Playing a video is certain to cause the system to freeze before about 30 seconds have elapsed. And forget games. Oblivion locks up, GoW locks up, even Arcade titles.

So, I'm getting a "new" one again. I really hope they get it right this time, and I don't end up like this guy.

We'll see.

No comments: